Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The Family Room


What a transformation! There's still a lot of work to do, but it's livable. I want to paint the walls, insulate and drywall the ceiling, trim out the windows, and "we" (i.e., Superman!) needs to bring some electrical outlets to the family room side of the basement. The utility room down there has six outlets ... the family room side has zero! I ran some extension cords from the utility room to the television, weaving it through the rafters for the time being, but none of the lamps are hooked up yet. The electrical box is above the fireplace, so I'll need to find just the right artwork to cover it up. I'll just have to be patient and keep my eye out for the perfect piece of art.

The fireplace is gas, but it's capped off right now. I haven't decided if I'm going to hook it up or not. It makes me nervous thinking about the kids turning it on ... and leaving it on for weeks on end. I can't imagine what my gas bill would be if that happened!

My basement went from this ...




to this ...



to this ...




to this!







No comments:

Post a Comment