Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Saturday, October 3, 2015

My Hanging Skills Are "Adequate"

I hung some pictures of the kids and a ruler I bought to measure grandkid's height in the hallway. Originally bought the ruler as a gift for Thing 3 to measure the height of his new baby (who is almost here!!!), but then (selfishly) decided to keep it for myself to track the height of all my grandkids. I don't have any grandkids yet, but W will be joining us very soon, and I'm sure there will be more to follow ... someday.

When I first hung the ruler, I carefully measured the correct height of the screw placement so that the "inch" marks would line up correctly with "feet". After I hung it, I stood back, admiring my work, and took this picture ... then I looked at it and realized how far off I was. The two-foot mark measured 31" off the floor.

I carefully measured (again) and re-hung it. It's still not quite accurate, but I'm done putting holes in the wall (that I have to patch). Superman can do this kind of thing in his sleep, so it's now on his to-do list. He can rehang the ruler when he fixes Bird Girl's crooked shelf. I should have just waited and let him do it, but I got impatient.

Lesson learned. When placement is critical, I shouldn't hang things!

No comments:

Post a Comment