Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Last Sunday Was Random Acts of Kindness Day

It's not a recognized holiday, of course, but rather a day where the entire country is challenged to do something kind for a friend or stranger for no reason at all.

I don't know that I really performed any random acts of kindness, although I did go to my boyfriend's house and cook him breakfast. Does that count?

I actually did have a reason, so maybe it doesn't count. His little girl grew up and got married, and Sunday was the first day he woke up to a home without her living there. Some men were born to be father's, and he's certainly one of them. I've never met a man more in love with his daughter's and devoted to their happiness. He's happy for his daughter, but sad she's gone. 

I can't take away the emptiness in his heart, but I can do something about the emptiness in his belly! I wanted to make sure he had a nice breakfast ... and (my ulterior motive) ... I wanted to sit on the screened porch cuddled against him and sip coffee. We had a very nice day together, so I don't care if breakfast counts as a random act of kindness or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment