Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day isn't necessarily known for much more than green beer, but for my kids, it's always meant a little treat sitting by their bed when they woke up. Then it was downstairs for a green St. Patrick's Day breakfast ... often green eggs, green pancakes, and green milk. I always found the spread less than appetizing, but kids loved the green food! As little ones, they never thought much of broccoli or spinach, but they could eat their weight in green pancakes.

I spent much of Sunday afternoon driving around making early deliveries of St. Patrick's Day treats. It was a beautiful, sunny, warm Sunday afternoon ... perfect for a leisurely drive around the tri-state. I delivered that last two packages today ... so I'm done!

With both mine and my boyfriends kids are all adults with full lives now, I don't get to see them as much as I'd like. They may be (mostly) out of sight, but they are definitely not out of mind ... and I just wanted them all to know I was thinking of them.

My boyfriend's daughter sent me this pic
of her son eating his St. Patrick's Day treat ...
with a fork, no less! How sophisticated!
I dropped Thing 1's treats off to her at work, which made her the envy of all her co-workers, and had many of them realizing what slacker's their own mothers were! Not really ... but they were all surprised that she gets St. Patrick's Day "gifts" every year. I suppose it's one of those silly traditions I started when the kids were little that I could stop at any time ... but I don't want to ... and I don't think they want me too, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment