Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Friday, May 8, 2015

Eat Bugs to Save the Planet

I was going to include a picture of real
bugs, but I couldn't stand looking at them
long enough to select one ... so I used cute
ladybug clipart instead!
Kofi Annan, UN Secretary General from 1997-2006, has a solution for global warming:

Eat bugs. 

"Eating insects is good for the environment and balanced diets," he said.

Calling the global livestock industry "A major threat to the climate", he suggested insects as an alternative protein source to meat. "The growing population and middle class are making it more difficult to meet meat demands."

Am I to infer, Mr.-Former-UN-Secretary-General, that the middle class in particular is to blame for global warming ... and the upper and lower classes are innocent?

Given the choice between global warming and eating bugs, there's no debate ... I'll take global warming!

Besides, global warming is a myth. The climate is actually cooling, and has been for a while now. The earth's climate is cyclical. Our planet is self-healing. While I acknowledge the need to preserve the planet for future generations, cow burps and farts are not going to be our demise!

You can read the article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment