Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Monday, May 18, 2015

The Family That Plays Together

My sweetie is always looking for things to do with his young grandsons, so when I read an article about a nine-year-old boy, Grennan Bartlett-Nealeigh, who performs throwing knives at his younger sister, Charlotte, a lightbulb went off!

The boys would love this! Right now they are young enough that the knife would not get anywhere near their target. But, as they say ... practice makes perfect ... just ask Grennan and Charlotte.

Grennan and Charlotte's mother defends her and her husband's decision to allow their children to perform, saying ...

"As weird as this sounds, I'd be more nervous if Grennan were to play American football or Charlotte was to become a cheerleader.There are so many severe injuries that happen every day in regular sports. I feel they're much safer with us both watching them and guiding them. I am very proud."

While I concede that there are a lot of injuries associated with football and cheerleading, I'm not sure I agree that knife throwing is safer!

You can read the full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment