Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Thursday, May 21, 2015

I Had Forgotten About These ...


When I was in high school there was a display of miniature furniture in the showcases in the lobby. I LOVED that furniture! Most wasn't the 12:1 scale like miniature dollhouses ... they were bigger ... perfect for Barbie's house. Even though no longer played with Barbies and my custom-built, wooden Barbie house was in storage, I couldn't help but drool over the beautiful pieces and fantasize how good they would look in adorning Barbie's rooms.

I had completely forgotten about these pieces until I went to my old high school for a recital this past weekend. The furniture was made in the 1930's as part of the New Deal program. The furniture was designed to show examples of various periods of furniture. The intricate pieces are perfect, working reproductions of actual furniture. Below are some close-ups of a few of the pieces. Click on the photo's to enlarge them for a better view of the detail.

This piece is my favorite. Note the individual tacks" on the upholstery. And the fan is pretty cute, too!









No comments:

Post a Comment