Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Pneumonia

I was first told, by my employers health clinic, that I had the flu. They said there was nothing they could give me, so I was told to take ibuprofen or tylenol.

A week later I was worse, so went back to the clinic. This time they said I had bronchitis and a sinus infection. They gave me an antibiotic, but no cough medicine ... they wanted me to "cough it up".

A week later I was worse still, so I went back to the clinic. They said I had an upper respiratory infection. They gave me a different antibiotic and 5 teaspoons of cough medicine, to take once a day, just before bedtime. It helped me fall asleep, but a couple of hours later, I woke up coughing and couldn't get back to sleep. They gave me so little, I was afraid to take another dose when I knew I'd need it to get even a few hours of sleep the next night.

A few days later I coughed so hard I pulled a muscle in my back. Every breath was painful. Desperate for relief, the next day I went to an urgent care center. I tested negative for both strep and the flu, and a chest ex-ray showed I had pneumonia. I was given a different antibiotic and cough syrup, and this time, I was given enough cough syrup to take every 4-6 hours as needed.

I haven't eaten much at all for the last three weeks, and what little I did eat I would throw up as soon as I started coughing. I'm still coughing, but I'm no longer throwing up. I haven't had a fever in a few days, and I'm no longer achy. I don't really feel good, but I definitely feel better and I am finally feeling well enough to go to work.

My daughter's have been fussing at me for not blogging lately, but I felt so bad I couldn't even bring myself to attempt a posting. Hopefully I'll continue to feel better and better everyday, and life (and blogging) will get back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment