Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

A Tiny Gift

I went out back to water the plants just after sunrise a few mornings ago. The temperature was perfect and without a hint of the humidity that saturates this area from April until November. Above me, the sky was a beautiful, brilliant blue, without a trace of clouds. Although the wind was still, Davy's wind chime tinkled softly. The weight that has had my heart in a vise-like grip ever since I was informed of his death clamped even tighter. I smiled wistfully as I looked up and said aloud, "Good morning, Davy. I love you so much. I miss you."


After I voiced my good morning, the wind chime stopped. Disappointed that 'Davy was done talking', I looked down and saw what looked like a tiny horseshoe on the patio. I'm sure it was a spacer for something at one time or another, but I can't even fathom a guess as to what that was or where it came from.


I love miniatures, and to this day, I'm constantly keeping an eye out for something that is Barbie-sized or small enough to be used in a miniature dollhouse ... both of which I kept from my childhood or from when my kids were growing up. This horseshoe was the perfect size for Barbie. I picked it up and brought it inside ... hoping it was a sign that my luck was going to change and that the rest of the year brought nothing but good news.

Here are the only pics I could locate of my childhood Barbie house that I fixed up for the girls. I painted it blue, trimmed out all the windows and added shutters with hearts, added a door knocker and knobs to the doors, shingled the roof (which you can't really see in these pics), added balusters and railing around the balcony, and a brick patio on the balcony floor. I kept the dollhouses in the event I had a granddaughter one day ... and now I do, thanks to Davy.

Oh, how I wish he were here to watch his babies grow up.



Below is some pictures of the miniature houses I decorated for Christmas one year. That was a chore ... but it was so cute! (Click on any picture to enlarge.)




PLEASE KEEP YOUR EYE OUT
FOR THE CAR THAT KILLED MY SON!
Even if you don't live in the Evansville area, please keep an eye out for this car. It was traveling South on I-69. It could have been coming from and going to anywhere. The Sheriff's office will follow up any ANY lead.

The Sheriff’s Office has identified the make and model of the suspect vehicle from the fatal hit and run crash that killed 23-year old David “Davy” Egan, father of two, on Friday, June 22, 2018 on I-69 near south Green River Road.

SUSPECT VEHICLE: Silver 1998-2002 Honda Accord sedan. 2-door or 4-door body style. The vehicle will have damage to the front end.

If you know of a vehicle matching this description, please contact the Sheriff's Office TIP line at 812-421-6297 or leave a web tip here.

No comments:

Post a Comment