Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Friday, September 7, 2018

Davy's Autopsy Report

I love this photo of Davy.
I swam to my car after work yesterday, then picked up Davy's autopsy report. Once home, I got into some dry clothes, I sat on the sofa and held it in my hands, looking at the envelope and wondering, "Do I really want to read this?" The answer was yes and no. I didn't want to know the gory details of how broken his once-strong body was when he was found, but I needed to know what it said, and I wanted the answer to a question that's been haunting me ... "Did he really die immediately or is there even a slight chance he could have laid there in agony before he succumbed to his injuries?"

My stomach was in knots as I pulled it from the envelope. It was a nauseating read, but I'm glad I read it. It didn't take long before I had my answer. He definitely died immediately. There is absolutely no way he had even a moment of pain. He was most likely dead before his body hit the pavement. It gives me a smidgen of peace to know that he didn't suffer. A smidgen of peace isn't a lot, but it's more than I had before ... so I'll take it.

PLEASE KEEP YOUR EYE OUT
FOR THE CAR THAT KILLED MY SON!
Even if you don't live in the Evansville area, please keep an eye out for this car. It was traveling South on I-69. It could have been coming from and going to anywhere. The Sheriff's office will follow up any ANY lead.

The Sheriff’s Office has identified the make and model of the suspect vehicle from the fatal hit and run crash that killed 23-year old David “Davy” Egan, father of two, on Friday, June 22, 2018 on I-69 near south Green River Road.
SUSPECT VEHICLE: Silver 1998-2002 Honda Accord sedan. 2-door or 4-door body style. The vehicle will have damage to the front end.

If you know of a vehicle matching this description, please contact the Sheriff's Office TIP line at 812-421-6297 or leave a web tip here.

No comments:

Post a Comment