Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Friday, April 5, 2019

A VERY Sweet Gift

My daughter-in-law gave me a memorial bench for my yard. She a post I wrote about butterflies (you can read it here). The bench she bought me had butterflies on it, so when she saw it, she knew I'd love it. I sat it by the tree we planted in Davy's memory a few weeks after he was killed last summer.

Here are a few pictures of it. Nevermind all the wood and giant tree that fell in my yard ... I'm working on cutting it up so that I can cut the grass!




I had originally set it beside the tree before moving it behind the tree. The tree is just starting to bud. Once it's in bloom, I plan to sit on that bench and marvel in it's beauty. We sprinkled ashes into the hole before planting the tree, so it's not just a memorial tree for Davy, he is actually part of the tree. You can read about planting the tree here.


No comments:

Post a Comment