Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Friday, April 26, 2019

I Fnally Bit the Bullet

And bought a new car ... and EcoSport Titanium 4WD!


I had planned on driving Savannah (my van) until she died happily in her sleep, but the damage (in dollars) of that deer running into the side of my van last January, bouncing and making dents all down the side, well ... the damage exceeded the value of my van. It still mechanically sound, but the power locks and rear defrost no longer work. It really was time to get a new vehicle, but I didn't want to let go of Savannah!

As lame as it sounds, I LOVED my van! The kids and I took spend a lot of road time in her driving to the beach or taking short adventures all over the south and mid-west. Once my kids were grown and all driving, a friend excitedly said, "Now you can get rid of your van!" I told him, "I don't want to get rid of my van! I love her!!!!" He look at me like, "Why? Why would anyone drive a minivan if they didn't have to?"

The kids and I made so many happy memories in that van. There's a shark lost somewhere in her depths ... the Van Shark, as the kids called it. I think we bought it as a souvenir on our way to or on Ocracoke Island one time. Somehow, it got lost in the van and we've never been able to find it.

I get way too attached to things ... I'm still mourning the round brush I lost in the early 1990's ... and getting rid of every car I've had has been emotional. But, if I was able to find the strength to let go of Davy's car, I suppose I can let go of Savannah (Davy named her).

I don't know what I'm going to name this vehicle, but I'll think of something. Right now, I'm more worried about learning what all the buttons do and how to customize the dash settings!

No comments:

Post a Comment