Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Funny How Easter Shopping Can Be a Trigger

Davy LOVED tootsie rolls. I don't know why, but he did, so he always got them in his Easter basket. I've always given my kids gifts on all the holidays ... Valentines Day, St. Patrick's Day, etc ... and Davy's almost always included Tootsie Rolls.

I had to fight back tears when I saw Tootsie Roll Eggs. I've never seen them before, and Davy would have loved them. Shopping for the holidays is so hard right now. It doesn't feel right not buying anything for my son.


I keep a spreadsheet of everything I buy for Christmas, Birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc. I can't bring myself to remove Davy from them ... but when I'm adding what I bought, it breaks my heart that Davy's boxes are now empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment