Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Pet Peeve


I really dislike when I see a headline on the web about a story that catches my eye, but when I click on the link, it takes me to a video ... not a print story. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but when I'm online reading the news, I actually want to read. Sometimes there is a video and a story, and I'm fine with that. I can read the story and decide if I want to watch the video ... and I usually don't  ... the article is generally sufficient. 

There are some things that you just have to see to believe, but most of the stories can be described effectively without having to watch a video ... with an advertisement first (which I always mute).

So, to all you online news outlets ... don't just assume your audience would rather see a video. There are some of us who still want to read our news.

No comments:

Post a Comment