Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Today is No Dirty Dishes Day

The object of this "holiday" is to not simply to wait until tomorrow to do the dishes or to use plastic bowls/plates/utensils, but to not create any dirty dishes ... at all. Unless you're only going to eat food from a vending machine, it's hard not to dirty a dish.

My new house doesn't have a dishwasher. I figured it would be one of my first purchases after I moved in, but it turns out I don't really mind washing dishes! I loathe unloading a dishwasher, but oddly enough, washing dishes by hand, drying them and putting them away doesn't bother me in the least. I hate dishes in the sink ... clean or dirty ... so I tend to keep the kitchen tidier now that I don't have a dishwasher.

Last night I made a triple-batch of my chicken and dumplings, and I plan on eating them to my hearts content ... in a real bowl with a real spoon. Life is too precious to worry about dirtying a few dishes, so I won't be "celebrating" this holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment