Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

I Live an Exciting Life!

I took some vacation to do some things around the house. Last Thursday I cooked double batches of chili and ham and beans, then pressure canned them. I also made pumpkin cookies (because they sounded good), and corn bread to go with the ham and beans.


I cleaned out and organized the garage, brought in the umbrella and all the patio furniture cushions, re-potted a few plants and brought them inside, and got my purple ladies ready to winter inside. The picture below is a "Before" picture. They were bald when I took them down to the basement, and they were too embarrassed to get their picture taken.

My pretty purple ladies.
One of the things high on my list of to-do's was to paint the shutters and the garage door, and I finally got around to that ... partially. The shutters are painted, but the garage door will have to wait a few days.

Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
The shutters were fine before, but I like this color better. I've been wanting to get the shutters painted ever since I painted the doors last fall, but after painting my old house and the little bit of painting I had to do to move in, I just couldn't bring myself to paint anything else!

I spent an hour or so scraping peeling paint off the garage door ... which caused painful flashbacks to scraping and painting my previous home. (You can read about that adventure here.) Luckily, all I had to scrape was a garage door, and there wasn't much that had to be scraped. I only have a half gallon of paint left, and that's not enough to get two good coats on the garage door. Since the color was custom mixed and no two cans are exactly alike, I'll get another gallon before I start on the garage door ... but that project will have to wait a day or two, because I saved today for my grandbabies!

No comments:

Post a Comment