Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Thursday, October 27, 2016

The 20's?


I was flipping through the channel guide and saw a show called "The 20's". Thinking it was a documentary on the 1920's, I clicked on the description. Nope! It's yet another reality show. Of what, I do not know. Nor do I care. I've never been a fan of reality television and I don't understand their appeal, but considering the fortunes people with no discernible talent have made on reality shows, they're obviously profitable. Whether there is a need for them or not, the market for such shows exists. I can understand a reality competition for strength and endurance or learning survival skills, but watching someone else live their scripted-for-television-life is beyond my comprehension.

This show seems to be a competition of some sort, but I wasn't even tempted to watch it. As boring as my life appears to be, I'm actually quite happy. Until my life is devoid of any contentment, I see no reason to live vicariously through strangers desperate to be famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment