Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Saturday, June 4, 2016

My Memorial Day Project


I have been looking everywhere for something like this. I found all kinds of things that say "Land that I love" or "Home of the brave" or "God bless America", but I specifically wanted "God shed His grace on thee". I couldn't find one in a store, so I searched online. The few I found (very few) were ridiculously expensive (overpriced) ... so I made it ... and I love it! 

Even as I was buying the supplies to make it, I had no idea where I was going to hang it. I wanted it hung in a place where I'd see it all the time, but I've got the house decorated and there wasn't a good place to hang it without removing something else, and I like everything where it is. Then as I was walking down the hall, it hit me! I've got it hanging in the bedroom at the end of the hall, but I'm not quite sure I'm going to leave it there ... it deserves to be someplace where everyone who visits can easily see (and read) it. I love seeing it as I walk down the hall, but I have one other place in mind. So, its home for now is the bedroom, but I think before it's all said and done, it's going to move to a more prominent location. The only thing stopping me is laziness ... the bedroom already had a hook in the wall and the other location doesn't! 

Note: The thing leaning against the wall in the picture below is going to hang on the blank wall opposite it. It's very heavy, and after I butchered the kitchen wall trying to hang something (you can read about that fiasco here), I don't dare attempt to hang this! I've learned my lesson ... this time I'll wait until someone who will do it right the first time can hang it.


No comments:

Post a Comment