Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Friday, June 24, 2016

Today is Praline Day!

Today is Praline Day. I LOVE pralines! The ones from Savannah's Candy Kitchen on River Street in Savannah, Georgia are my favorite. Every time I go to Savannah, I make it a point to go to the Candy Kitchen with the express purpose of devouring this tastiest of treats!

The Candy Kitchen gives out pieces of pralines to customers, trying to entice people to buy them. I don't need any enticement ... pralines are the sole reason I'm there! My kids don't like pralines, so they give me their samples. I've told the kids it's too bad they don't like pralines, because that's what they serve in heaven!

I don't know that I will get to enjoy a praline today, but if I could, I'd hop in my car and drive to Savannah, buy a box of freshly made pralines, and sit on a bench at the river's edge and enjoy my purchase.

I guess it's a good thing I don't live any closer to Savannah ... I'd weigh a ton if I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment