Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Monday, June 6, 2016

The Hummingbird Hilltop


There's a restaurant on the west side of town called The Hilltop. It doesn't matter when you drive by, if they are open, they are packed. Always. My hummingbird feeder is almost as busy, so I've dubbed it The Hummingbird Hilltop.

There is one itty-bitty hummingbird that comes to the feeder. She's about half the size of the others. She has a white band around her neck that looks like a string of pearls, so I've named her (what else?), Pearl! There are other hummingbirds with pearls on that visit, but baby Pearl is my favorite ... and the only one I can distinguish from the others! I call the other birds with pearls Mrs. Cleaver (as in June Cleaver). I haven't gotten Pearl on video, but I did take a short video of a Mrs. Cleaver and one other. I love hummingbirds!

No comments:

Post a Comment