Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Friday, February 20, 2015

Everyone Needs Friends Like These

Everyone needs a couple a really good friends to be silly with!

While we were at the cabin together, we'd get up and have breakfast in our pajamas ... no makeup and our hair not brushed ... and not feel self-conscious at all. I wore what my friend's husband called "Little House on the Prairie Pajama's". It's a long flannel gown that hit's me mid-calf and modestly comes up to my neck ... so yes, it is very reminiscent of the ones the Ingall's womenfolk wore! But, it's warm and can be worn in mixed company ... because when you're in flannel from ankle to neck, no one mistakes you for a harlot!

We took this picture just before we left the cabin a couple of weeks ago. Everyone was supposed to wear a hat, so my boyfriend grabbed two cowboy hats, a baseball cap ... and a lampshade.

The lampshade wasn't designed in such a way as to permit wearing on your head (we tried!), so we let the guys wear the cowboy hats and left our heads unadorned. Chivalry works both ways, right?

Over the years, my boyfriend and I have had some really good times with these two, and we can't wait to make even more memories with them. We feel very blessed to have them in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment