Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Monday, February 16, 2015

Makin' Music

My boyfriend and Thing 2 ... I love listening to them play together.
Several years ago, my boyfriend taught Thing 2 a couple of chords on the guitar. Since then, she has taken off with it. She's really quite good, and he's immensely proud of her. He told me she has more natural talent than anyone he's ever taught. (I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!)

Recording Thing 2 on the violin.
He asked her to come over the other night so that he could record her playing some accompaniments on her violin for a song he'd written. Before they started recording, she picked up one of the many guitars in the room and started playing a song he wrote a few years ago. It's all music, no words. It's hypnotically beautiful ... the kind of song you not only hear, but feel. Thing 1 likes it so much she used it for the bridal party processional at her wedding! Watching my daughter's lifelong friends walk down the aisle to that hauntingly sweet melody made my heart swell as happy tears welled up in my eyes.

LOVE seeing my boyfriend and daughter play music together. And I can't help but smile when I hear my her playing the guitar in her bedroom or downstairs ... especially when she's playing one of his songs.

It gives him profound pleasure to watch her play guitar, to sit and jam with her, and teach her even more. She's told us whispers a silent "thank you" to him every time she plays. I must confess, I, too, whisper a silent "thank you" when I hear her play ... that kind, sweet, gentle man of mine has given my daughter a gift that she can treasure the rest of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment