Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Fancy Rat and Mouse Day

Did your skin just crawl thinking about mice and rats? Mine did!

The founders of Fancy Rat and Mouse Day want everyone to know that today doesn't celebrate the common mouse/rat that sneaks into your home and raids your pantries. No ... today only celebrates the "fancy" ones kept as pets.

Sorry, but I just can't bring myself to honor and praise those disgusting varmints. No matter how hard I try, I simply cannot distinguish fancy rats and mice from their country cousins ... regardless of their pedigree.

If you have a fancy rat or mouse, go ahead and celebrate. Pull out all the stops! Dress it up in Mickey/Minnie Mouse ears. Include it in movie night and watch The Mouse Trap or Ratatouille and nibble on cheese. As for me, I'll finish my coffee then paint the garage door. After that, I'll take a shower and go to a cookout/bonfire at a friends house. But before I go, I'll set out a sticky trap, just in case one of those common field mice ... that are okay to hate ... make it into my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment