Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

I Can Breathe Again!


With this contentious election behind us, I feel lighter and more hopeful than I have in eight years. I'm looking forward to being able to afford the kind of insurance I had before the current President made it "affordable". I'm looking forward to the White House waiting for all the facts to come in before condemning the police when a criminal is killed. I'm looking forward to our military being restored and our veterans honored by providing them timely, quality healthcare. I'm looking forward to our borders being secured and jobs being brought back.

When it became apparent that Donald Trump would win the Presidency, Democrats took the the streets, protesting on both coasts. Flags, tires, and trash were set on fire and Trump was burned in effigy. Windows were smashed and roads were blocked. Contrast that to the vote in 2008 and 2012. Republicans went to bed wondering what was going to become of our country. They got up the next morning and went to work ... those with jobs, that is. No fires were set, no buildings were vandalized, and no one shut down busy roads or delayed trains. Republicans did the grown-up thing ... they sadly accepted that their choice of leader didn't get enough votes. End of story.

It's important to be a gracious winner and a gracious loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment