Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Friday, February 22, 2019

Eight Months Today

Sweet Davy at three years old.
Davy,

I can't believe it's been eight long months since I talked to you. Eight months with no hugs from you. Eight months since I heard you tell me you love me. We survived all the 2018 birthdays and holidays without you in the room celebrating with us, but you were always on our minds, and you'll forever live in our hearts.

I tell your babies stories of you every time they come over, and we look at all the pictures of you sitting around the house and on the tv screensaver. They always get very excited when they see a picture of you, especially when you're holding or playing with one, or both, of them. I will make sure your babies know you and how much you love them. How tragic that you can't be here to watch them grow up, marry, and have babies of their own.

I know you're in a better place, but I miss having you here, and I will miss you until I take my last breath. It's still hard to believe you're gone. Eight months later, I still think about you constantly. You will never be forgotten. Oh, how I wish I could turn back time and raise you again!

And don't worry ... we're still looking for whoever killed you. We may never find them, but we'll never stop looking and hoping and praying.

I Love You,
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment