Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

I Did It! All By Myself!!!

I still have to grout, but the tile is FINALLY hung! If anyone with even a modicum of experience laying tile had watched me do this, I would never be allowed in Lowe's or Home Depot ever again! It's not perfect, and it's not done, but I'm so proud of myself!!!

BEFORE and AFTER

When I first looked at this house, I thought the tile behind the hall bath was nauseating. I hated it! Three years later, I finally did something about it.

First I took off the old (extremely) ugly tile.


The tile hadn't been installed correctly, so water had seeped in behind the bottom tiles. After spraying Chlorox to kill any mold, I attempted to chip away the damaged areas, but they were so badly damaged, there is no way an amateur like myself would be able to obtain a smooth surface to adhere new tile.

Then I had an epiphany! Styrofoam! I'd use styrofoam to cover the wall, filling the joins with FlexShot to make sure no water could get between them.


With a smooth surface to work on, I measured a grid and started laying the tile. (I don't know why the tub looks like it's gold ... it's not ... it's bone.)


And now it's ready for grout!



I can't WAIT to get this grouted and be able to mark this off a three year old to-do list!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment