Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Please, Phil ...

Photo courtesy of Breitbart.com
Please don't see your shadow tomorrow!!

Tomorrow is Groundhog day, when Puxatony Phil predicts if we will have six more weeks of winter or an early spring. If he see's his shadow, it's six more weeks of winter. I'm really hoping that critter doesn't see his shadow. I am so ready for spring!

I know I shouldn't complain ... we haven't had the several feet of snow and the unrelenting bitter cold that has gripped the north for months, and we were spared the ice that clobbered the deep south earlier this week ... but gosh, it's been a colder than normal winter, and I'm tired of wearing a coat.

I'm ready for spring. I'm ready to get out and plant flowers, take walks, go swimming, and ride my bike. I want to ride in my sweetie's convertible and go on picnics. I want to sit outside in the evening in shorts and stare into the starry sky. I want to sit on the porch swing, late at night, listening to the crickets and frogs. I want to smell freshly cut grass and see little kids running around outside barefoot.

I'll get to do all of those things even if Phil sees his shadow ... but I'll get to do them six weeks sooner if he doesn't! I hope I'm wrong, but I have a sinking feeling he will see his shadow this year. I fear winter isn't through tormenting us just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment