Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Friday, February 7, 2014

Sheep Cookies

A few years ago I was asked if I would be willing to make sheep cookies for a baby shower. Despite the fact that I had never decorated a cookie (or cake) in my life, I quickly agreed.

I rolled out the dough and cut out the cookies and baked them. To my dismay, they came out looking more like buffalo than sheep. I played around with decorating them, and finally hit on a design that would turn the herd of buffalo encompassing every flat surface in the kitchen back into sheep!

It took several night of piping "fleece" ... dot by dot by dot by dot ... onto the naked herd, but I did it.  After making seven dozen of these guys, my neck and arms were killing me ... but they turned out so cute it was worth it.

I packaged them up in individual cellophane bags and tied them with pretty bows. Aren't they cute?!!








No comments:

Post a Comment