Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Saturday, February 15, 2014

What NOT To Buy Your Wife/Girlfriend for Valentines Day


Did you happen to notice the price of these big teddy bears? The 3' bear is $89.99, the 4' bear is $9.99 ... and the 6' bear is a whopping $199.99.

I don't know a woman alive who would want a 6' teddy bear, especially if it cost $200!! There are a million things I would rather spend $200 on ... and a giant stuffed animal is not one of them. Where would you put it? It's big enough that it would need it own bedroom!

This just screams laziness ... or desperation. To me, it says one of three things:
    1) Here. Now you can't say I didn't get you anything.
    2) Please don't leave me! See how sweet I am?
    3) I don't care what you want for Valentines Day ... it was easier to order this.
A small stuffed animal is sweet ... once or twice ... but don't make it your go-to gift for every Valentines Day. If we love you, we'll want to keep it, and we'll think about you every time we see it ... but we're not 12! We don't want a pile of stuffed animals on our bed!

I got a Mrs. Beasley doll for Christmas a few years back from my sweetie, and I love her. She sits on a padded parsons bench in front of the window in my bedroom. The story behind this doll makes her a treasured gift ... but I don't want any more dolls!

Some women are selfish, spoiled brats who require extravagant, expensive gifts, and will punish their Valentine if he doesn't deliver ... but most women simply want an acknowledgement that they are loved and appreciated by the man who holds her heart. To me, Valentines gifts are simple gifts that say "I love you. You matter to me, and I'm glad you're a part of my life". They don't have to be big or expensive ... just thoughtful.

My Valentine doesn't like this holiday at all. In fact, he hates it ... but he knows I enjoy it, so he always makes an effort. Truth be told, he's so good to me throughout the year that a "Happy Valentines Day" text is all he needs to do to thrill my heart, because he makes it abundantly clear how much he loves me every single day. I love flowers and/or candy and/or jewelry for Valentines Day, but they aren't necessary ... I'm wined and dined and romanced all year.

Let this be a lesson to all you men out there ... if you treat your lady well all year long, a big display on Valentines Day is totally unnecessary. Not only does it make Valentines Day easier and less stressful, life in general will be better all the year through!

No comments:

Post a Comment