Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Sunday, July 1, 2018

My Nephew the Fireman Brightened a Very Sad Day


My nephew came to the funeral home for my son's visitation. He's a fireman and had someone who could cover for him for an hour so that he could come, but they got sick ... so the whole gang had to come in the truck. I knew Davy's little kids would get a kick out of seeing a real firetruck, so we took them outside. As expected, the firemen in the truck bent over backwards for these two babies. They got to sit "in a real firetruck". It was about the only bright spot in this whole ordeal.

It breaks my heart that they are too young to have any memories of their Daddy. We'll keep him alive in stories for them, but it's not the same. I have small urns with their Daddy's ashes for each of them, as well as a lock of his hair, and the pink and blue carnations and ribbons that said "Daddy" in the casket lid. One day, they'll have questions, and I wanted something they could hold in their hands and remember him. These two sweet babies deserve more than someone telling them about their father ... they deserve to grow up knowing him and loving him and playing with him ... but someone stole that from them. I pray everyday that this is the day the detectives will call and say "We found the car."


My grandson has blonde hair and my son had brown hair, but other than that, he's the spitting image of his Daddy. I am so grateful to have these babies to love and hold ... they're all I have left of my son.

Please keep an eye out for the vehicle that killed my son. I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again ... I'm not looking for revenge and I don't even care if they are punished ... I just want answers.

Vehicle Model from Fatal I-69 Hit and Run Identified
June 28, 2018



The Sheriff’s Office has identified the make and model of the suspect vehicle from the fatal hit and run crash that occurred on Friday, June 22, 2018 on I-69 near S. Green River Road.

SUSPECT VEHICLE: Silver 1998-2002 Honda Accord sedan. 2-door or 4-door body style. The vehicle will have damage to the front end.
If you know of a vehicle matching this description, please contact the Sheriff's Office TIP line at 812-421-6297 or leave a web tip here.


No comments:

Post a Comment