Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Friday, August 3, 2018

An Amazing Gift


My sister made myself and my daughters a book that fans out to make Davy's name. I looked up how to do it ... it looks time-consuming and tedious ... but what an amazingly thoughtful gift it was to receive.

I put Davy's 7th grade picture next to it on a table near my entryway. This school photo is one of my favorites ... it's the last photo when he looked so young and innocent.

My heart is heavy and I think about Davy non-stop, but I'm mostly still numb over the whole ordeal. I keep hoping I'll wake up and think, "Oh, thank God it was just a horrible dream!". It hasn't really hit me that he gone for good. Right now, I'm protected by my numbness. I don't want to enter the next state of grief. I want to stay numb. Everyone thinks I'm so strong, but when I feel the full weight of his death, I will crumble.


PLEASE KEEP YOUR EYE OUT
FOR THE CAR THAT KILLED MY SON!
Even if you don't live in the Evansville area, please keep an eye out for this car. It was traveling South on I-69. It could have been coming from and going to anywhere. The Sheriff's office will follow up any ANY lead.

The Sheriff’s Office has identified the make and model of the suspect vehicle from the fatal hit and run crash that killed 23-year old David “Davy” Egan, father of two, on Friday, June 22, 2018 on I-69 near south Green River Road.

SUSPECT VEHICLE: Silver 1998-2002 Honda Accord sedan. 2-door or 4-door body style. The vehicle will have damage to the front end.

If you know of a vehicle matching this description, please contact the Sheriff's Office TIP line at 812-421-6297 or leave a web tip here.

No comments:

Post a Comment