Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Monday, August 13, 2018

I Am ...

In fifth grade, each student is required to write a soliloquy of sorts. The teacher provided an example of how it should be written and each student wrote their own. Davy's was the only one that followed the formula, made sense, and was eloquently written. None of the other students came even remotely close to the perfection of Davy's

When I saw it, I told the teacher I wanted it. He said he wanted to keep all of them. I told him I really wanted it ... that I loved it and wanted to frame it. I beat him down until he gradually gave in and let me have it.

The girls both wrote one in fifth grade. I still have theirs, but they don't make much sense. It wasn't until I saw Davy's that I even realized what I was reading was their attempt at the same thing.

It remains one of my most prized possessions.


I am ...

I am a wrestler and a winner.
I wonder if I can be a state champion.
I hear the audience cheering.
I see the ref.
I want to get a pin.
I am a wrestler and a winner

I pretend I don't care about winning.
I feel strong.
I touch the mat.
I worry about losing.
I cry win (when) I lose sometimes.
I am a wrestler and a winner.

I understand I will win.
I say I can do it.
I dream of going to state.
I hope I win.
I am a wrestler and a winner.

By Dave Egan



PLEASE KEEP YOUR EYE OUT
FOR THE CAR THAT KILLED MY SON!
Even if you don't live in the Evansville area, please keep an eye out for this car. It was traveling South on I-69. It could have been coming from and going to anywhere. The Sheriff's office will follow up any ANY lead.

The Sheriff’s Office has identified the make and model of the suspect vehicle from the fatal hit and run crash that killed 23-year old David “Davy” Egan, father of two, on Friday, June 22, 2018 on I-69 near south Green River Road.

SUSPECT VEHICLE: Silver 1998-2002 Honda Accord sedan. 2-door or 4-door body style. The vehicle will have damage to the front end.

If you know of a vehicle matching this description, please contact the Sheriff's Office TIP line at 812-421-6297 or leave a web tip here.

No comments:

Post a Comment