Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Thursday, June 6, 2019

A Birthday Celebration (of sorts) for Davy



I've been working in the yard a lot lately (thanks for the humidity, Lord!) The girls and I are having a cookout and bonfire in on the 22nd of June in Davy's memory. Davy was ALWAYS down for a cookout, and he'd sit out at the fireplace sipping beer and laughing with his friends until the wee hours of the morning. We're honoring our brother and son by doing some of the simple things he loved the most. (Skateboarding was out of the question, but I can eat and sit in a chair and watch a fire!)

I've got the fireplace ready to go, and a friend has graciously offered wood for the bonfire. The swing set is up for the little ones to fly around on, and I've completed most, okay … half to two-thirds ... of the major yard projects I gave myself this year.

June 22nd will be a bittersweet day, but we are going to focus on the 24 years we got to spend with Davy … not the years that were taken away from us.

Davy could be a handful, but he had a huge, kind heart, and was always making us laugh. He was so funny! The 22nd will be a day for us to thank the Lord for giving us Davy for the short time He did. We all wish Davy's time on earth was MUCH longer, but we're thankful for the years we had together.

No comments:

Post a Comment