Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Monday, June 24, 2019

One Year and One Day

 
Yesterday was a tough day for me and the girls. Davy died on June 22nd, but we didn't find out until the wee hours of the morning on the 23rd, so the 23rd is a hard day, too. Tara and I both woke up about the time we got the call. I laid there, reliving that day, wanting more than anything to realize it was 2018 and that day was all just a dream. It wasn't.

I went to see Tara and Victor in the afternoon. As I drove to her house, the air show was going on at the river and I could see the planes, and I started crying. Oh, how Davy loved those air shows!!! I took the kids to see them every year. Honestly, I didn't really care much for the air shows. They were cool and all, but I took them so that I could see the look of happiness and awe on the kids faces! THAT was what I paid to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment