Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cake


A few years back I made several birthday cakes, and while a professional would laugh at my attempts, I was pleased with the results. My daughter is getting married in October and wants cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake. I told her I could make a small cake for the top ... I think I can handle a small one! I haven't decorated a cake in a long time, so I guess I need to make some fondant and start practicing!

The blue and brown cake was for my boyfriends oldest daughter's birthday, the yellow cake was mine (lemon ... yum!). I made other cakes, but I can't seem to locate the pictures of them! My birthday cake was definitely amateurish, but my friend and I had fun making it! If you look closely, the blue/brown cake matches the paper her gift was wrapped in! (Click on photo to enlarge).





No comments:

Post a Comment