Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I Miss Green Grass!

As I write this, it is a miserable 3º with a wind chill of -8º! I know it's even colder up north, but weather like this isn't normal around here ... and I couldn't help but think about how particularly ugly this winter has been. Everything looks so dead and lonely and forgotten. Winter is so colorless. I realize gray is a color, but its a sad color ... and I miss the vibrant colors of spring and summer!

I miss green trees and blue skies and flowers every color of the rainbow! So, I did something I probably shouldn't have done ... I looked at some pictures I took last summer! Oh, how I long for summer!

I LOVE summertime! Everything is alive and fragrant and colorful. I miss wearing shorts and being able to leave the house without looking like Ralphie's kid brother in A Christmas Story! I miss wanting to go outside! When work is closed due to snow or cold, I very rarely leave the house.

I often say I would have made a good bear ... and it's true. I think I might be part bear. I'm ridiculously tired all winter! When spring hits, I get a burst of energy and can't stand to be inside ... but in the winter, I'm quite content to stay inside. If it weren't for work and my boyfriend coming to get me for dates, I might never leave the house between December and February!

So, here are a few pics from a happier time (last summer) ... when the world was alive with color!













1 comment:

  1. That pesky boyfriend. How dare he drag you out into that bitter cold. ;-)

    ReplyDelete