Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Thursday, July 31, 2014

DVR's


I heard a commercial recently (which is unusual, as I always mute commercials and never know what they're about), but for some reason, I was forced to listen to one of some cable provider bragging that "You can now record six shows at once!" And golly-gee ... he sounded happy!

Never, in the history of television, have there been six shows on at one time that I wanted to see, hence ... there is no reason to record any of them! Not only have a I never wanted to record six shows at once, I've never wanted to record six shows in a month. I'm not sure I've ever wanted to record six shows in a year! Is it really necessary to record six shows at once? I'd have to quit my job to have time to watch all the shows I recorded if I recorded that many!

Something tells me that the people who record six shows at once aren't recording exercise programs!

3 comments:

  1. I'd say those are for the unemployed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya, Jackie. Most of the time, I turn on the telly, scan from one end of the dial to the other and can't find a single show I want to watch, let alone SIX of 'em! (Of course, once I find one I want to watch, I will never know whether there are any others on at the same time, because, well, I found something to watch.)

    Then again, I use an over-the-air antenna, not cable, because the antenna paid for itself in cable savings in about two months. There's a small probability that, if I was paying for cable, I might find more than 1 show to watch among the approximately twenty-four million channels. Ironically, that probability is overshadowed by the near certainty that I will give up looking before I ever find it.

    ReplyDelete