Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Sunday, November 15, 2015

A New Tenant

I bought a miniature door at least 20 years ago with the intention of mounting it someplace in the house for the kids to discover, and I never did. (Shame on me!) I finally dug it out the other day and put it up. And I love it!

If my mom had done this when I was a child, she would never have had to worry about me or wonder where I was or call me home for dinner ... I would have spent my entire childhood lying in wait nearby, hoping to catch a glimpse of the little people who lived there.

It's not completely done. It isn't permanently adhered to the wall and their mailbox needs hung. I need to get on that. They aren't complaining about having to go to the post office to get their mail ... yet.

I can't wait to decorate it for the all the holidays and leave small treats for the grandkid(s) to discover when they wake up from their naps.

In the near future there will be another really cool discovery for the little ones, but I'll wait until it's done and show you rather than tell you now. I can't wait!!


1 comment:

  1. That is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I WANT ONE.....I can only imagine how you will decorate it. Debbie

    ReplyDelete