Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Monday, November 9, 2015

A View of Our (Non-Existent) Mountains

My view of the "mountains" on the way to work this morning.
Although I live in a valley, there are no mountains around here. Growing up, I never thought that was fair. All the pictures you see of other valleys show a quaint little village nestling in the shadow of lush, green mountains. Valleys are supposed to be surrounded by mountains ... so where were ours?!!

One time, like this morning, the clouds hung low over the city, and I tricked one of Thing 1's friends into thinking it was so clear that you could see the mountains (you can read the story here). So whenever I see our "mountains", I'm reminded of this silly, gullible schoolgirl. And, of course, I have to take pictures for this blog ... then post a link on her Facebook page to torment her!







No comments:

Post a Comment