Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Brasstown Bald


Peaking at 4,783 feet above sea level, Brasstown Bald is the tallest mountain in Georgia. "Bald" refers not to a lack of vegetation, but rather a summit that offers a 360ยบ view of the surrounding countryside. On a clear day, you can see four states (Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, and North Carolina), and the tallest buildings of the Atlanta skyline, 100 miles to the southwest.

It was overcast the day we went, but the views were still spectacular. As I wandered about the observatory, taking photographs and marveling at the breathtaking beauty, I had that 'Who' song playing in my head ... "I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles."

Click on any photo to enlarge.
The observatory atop Brasstown Bald.




No comments:

Post a Comment