4 Large "Grand-Style" Flaky Biscuits
1/2 C. Butter (1 stick)
1/4 t. Vanilla
4 t. Cinnamon
1 C. Water
- Heat oven to 375º.
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, 3/4 C. of the sugar, the butter, and vanilla to a boil, then remove from heat
- Mix the remaining 1/4 C. of sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Peel, core, and slice the apple into eight wedges. (I used an apple corer, then I cut each wedge into thirds.)
- Squeeze the lemon over the apple slices to keep them from turning brown, then sprinkle a tablespoon or so of the cinnamon/sugar mixture over them and toss to coat.
- Carefully separate four biscuits in half, wrapping one apple wedge (or three slices ... if you sliced each wedge like I did) inside each biscuit half, pinching the edges to seal.
- Place the dumplings in a casserole dish and pour the hot butter/sugar mixture over them, then sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon/sugar.
- Bake (uncovered) for 35 minutes.
Makes 8 mouth-watering dumplings.
Post a Comment