Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Saturday, December 31, 2016

I Can't Believe 2016 is Over at Midnight


Until I sat down at my computer, I didn't realize what day it was. As usual, I'm not making any resolutions. It's not that I don't keep any resolutions, because anything I truly want to change or do better, I'm already working on.

All I really want, as every New Year's Eve/Day approaches, is that the coming year be one free of tragedy.No year is free of pain and sorrow, but some years are definitely worse than others!

I'm okay with my life ... things could be better, but they could also be worse. I always hope for the best and pray for strength during the worst. I've endured some tough times in the past, but I've also had some wonderful highs.

This year, the highlight was welcoming my second grandchild, a sweet, pretty little baby girl. She's still tiny and cuddly and immobile, so snuggling is her favorite pastime which is fine with me. Rocking those babies or playing with them makes my heart sing. Listening to them jabber and watching them grow is such a pleasure, and seeing their little faces light up when I smile at them fills me with supreme happiness!

I don't have everything I dreamed of as a child, but I've got the things that count. And that's more than enough. All in all, I'm pretty happy and looking forward to 2017 ... and I hope you are, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment