Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Sunday, December 18, 2016

My First Fireplace Fire


I've lived in this house for 15 months, but I've never had a fire in the fireplace. I didn't want to use the fireplace until I had it inspected and/or clean, and given the go-ahead. Unfortunately, the only time I thought about it was in the evening or on the weekends, so a chimney guy was never called.

Finally, it's been inspected. The fireplace didn't need any repairs and it didn't need cleaning ... so I got to build my first fire. The intention was to have a fire during the my family Christmas, but the weather God's gave us an unusually warm December 17th. (I'm not complaining ... I'm fine with temps close to 70° in the winter!).

The temperature began falling throughout late afternoon and early evening, and by the time everyone had left and the house was "mostly" back in order, it was cold enough for a fire. We sat on the sofa, cuddling and talking as the fire crackled until it was time to go to bed.

It's frigid outside today, so I put on a pot of coffee, then started another fire. I know fireplaces don't put out much heat, but it just feels warmer to see a fire and hear it crackle.


And now for the family members that couldn't come yesterday, here are some of the photo's I took. I'm guessing Facebook and Instagram will be filled with the photo's everyone else took. This house less than half the size of my old one, but we made it work!













No comments:

Post a Comment