Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Friday, December 30, 2016

My (Temporary) Dining Room


I'm currently in the process of staining/sealing the top of the island, so it's off limits for eating until it's done. I've always thought the top was too light, but I planned on getting a larger top made and didn't want to waste the time and effort to stain and seal it. I'm not sure when I'm going to get around to getting a larger top made, so I finally bit the bullet and stained it this morning. It needs several coats of varnish, and I won't have a chance to start the sealing process until Sunday, so I'll be eating on a tv table for a week or so. I don't mind ... the darker stain is worth a little inconvenience!

Before ...
(taken while we were still moving in)

After ...
(but before any varnish)

No comments:

Post a Comment