Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Sunday, December 4, 2016

My Tree is Up


The kids and I got all Christmas decorations from the basement and decorated yesterday. This house is so much smaller than my old one that I can't decorate like I used to. It doesn't look as "Chrstimasy" as my old one, but the kids have assured me the house looks quite festive. I decided not to put the train under the tree this year ... it's going to be hard enough to keep my little grandson away from the tree. A train circling the tree would be way too much temptation!

The babies will be here today, and I have a feeling my grandson won't even see his toys ... all he will see are the trees. I've had to tell him "no" before, of course, but today will be different ... the trees and ornaments are like flashing neon signs, beckoning tiny hands to touch.

I have a feeling today will be a frustrating and confusing day for little guy. I'm really hoping his mom has put up their tree already, and that he's already been told he can't touch it, but when you're fourteen months old, a sparkling Christmas tree is irresistible. Hopefully I can distract him with tickles, peek-a-boo, songs, and dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment