Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Friday, December 6, 2013

My Cranberry Granola Cookie Recipe

It's actually a Cranberry Granola Coconut Almond cookie.  Here is my recipe ... and my notes!
WARNING: 
Be careful who you give these to!
Every one who tastes them will come back begging for more. 
There will be no more small talk, like "How have you been?" or "That's a pretty blouse. Is it new?" No, after you give them these cookies, pleasantries fly out the window. They no longer care how you are or if your blouse is new ... all they will say is ... "Do you have any more of those cookies?"

1 Stick Butter (softened)
3/4 C. Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 t. Vanilla
1 C. Flour
1 1/2 C. Granola
Cranberries (probably about 1/2 - 1 cup, but I don't measure ... I just throw them in.)
Almond Slivers (probably about 1/2 - 3/4 cup, but again ... I don't measure)
Coconut (same as almonds)
  1. Cream butter and sugar together. When mixed thoroughly, add egg and vanilla.
  2. Add flour.
  3. Add granola, cranberries, almonds, and coconut. (At this point I mix it with my hands ... it's too thick for a mixer).
  4. Form into PATTIES (not balls) and place on greased cookie sheet. (The cookies will be just moist enough to hold together, and they do NOT spread.)
  5. Bake at 350ยบ for 10 minutes. (The receipe I tweaked to come up with this one said to bake them 12-15 minutes, but I like soft cookies, so I take them out at 10 minutes.)


1 comment: