Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Friday, December 6, 2013

Snowbound and Nesting :)

I live in an area of the country that sees snow in the winter, but it typically melts in a day or two because the temperatures generally don't stay below freezing for very long. Sometimes when the schools close, the streets around my house will be completely snow free, so I can only assume there is snow in the county ... someplace! Even though we see snow in this area, we don't usually get but a few inches at a time, and since it doesn't last, people never get used to driving in it. Folks up north laugh at us when they see the mess we make of traffic when there's just a dusting a snow!

Winter storm Cleon has been racing through the area for almost 24 hours now.  We had sleet and freezing rain overnight, but sometime after I went to bed last night, it switched to snow. After a high of 70º the other day, the low of 7º tonight is particularly brutal. Sunday, winter storm Dion is coming with more of the same. Ice, freezing rain, sleet, snow, and more brutal cold.

Work was called off, so I got to stay home today. My vehicle is frozen solid in the driveway. Fortunately, I have plenty of groceries, and my Christmas shopping is done, so I have no reason to leave my toasty little nest! This morning when I got up I put a roast with carrots and new potatoes in the crock pot. Then I made a batch of my cranberry granola cookies ... and my gosh, they really are the best cookies in the world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment