Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

A Possible Cure for Sugar Cravings

Scientists have discovered a hormone which suppresses the sweet tooth, which they call FGF21. This hormone is produced in the liver as a response to high carbohydrate levels. When it enters the blood stream, it tells your brain to stop craving sweets. Oddly, it does not suppress the craving for complex carbs, like cake or pastries.

When I crave sweets, I don't go to the kitchen for a spoonful of sugar. If it doesn't block the craving for cake or pastries and other complex carbs, I'm not exactly sure what cravings it does block ... so I'm gonna call this one a big fat fail.

Personally, I have my own cure for sugar cravings ... it's call a cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment