Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Tuesday, December 29, 2015


Yesterday I decided that I was going to try to hang some pictures on the wall in the living room. I hadn't attempted to hang them myself because I don't do so well hanging pictures that have two hooks on the back. I can hang anything that has only one hook, but hanging something with two hooks ... that have to be perfectly straight and level ... I give myself a 35-40% change of doing it correctly.

And this collage is four pieces ... each with two hooks on them. As I got each piece out of the closet, I was well aware of the fact that my chances went down exponentially with each hook. There were eight hooks ... so my chances to screw up were eight-squared. Going into this, I gave myself a ZERO percent chance of success. But, somehow, I did it! I'm still not sure how I managed to get them hung straight, and level, and perfectly aligned with each other!


Superman can hang stuff like this in his sleep. He takes precise measurements from the floor or ceiling and hangs them with the expertise that comes from decades of the women in his life sloppily hanging things that he must then re-hang. My method is somewhat less scientific ... hence my abysmal success rate! I still can't believe he doesn't have to come over and fix my botched hanging job ... and I'm sure he's even more surprised!

The "Savannah" print above the picture collage was a gift from Superman for my birthday one year. He made two trips to Savannah, Georgia for it. First to order it, then to pick it up. And, of course, when he went to pick it up, he walked from his hotel ... and it started raining. Luckily the print wasn't damaged or destroyed.

I still need to print a picture of Thing 1 and her husband, Thing 3 and his girlfriend, get a newer picture of my nephew, and print pictures of two more "kids" that are kind of like my own, then it will be mostly finished. There are four clips on each shutter that hold pictures, most of which are reserved for my grandson, but I want to hang a few pictures of other people special to me, too.

I'm getting ready to hop in the shower, then head to Walmart. I've got a little time to dig through my photo's and pick some to print, so I guess I'd better do that now ... but I just can't quit looking at what a good job I did ... because I will never be able to duplicate this success!

No comments:

Post a Comment