Don't forget to visit my website! Jackie Coleman - Author

Saturday, December 5, 2015

How Does One Discover They Possess This Skill?


When we went to the circus, the gentleman above was one of the entertainers. He would toss a variety of breakable objects and catch them with his head, where he would balance and spin them. This particular piece of pottery (they said) weighs about thirty-five pounds. Like the other items, he gently tossed it in the air and caught it on the top of his head. It wasn't the most interesting act of the circus, but it did get me to wondering how one discovers they possess this skill ... and how many priceless heirlooms he broke honing it.

I can see his mother now, picking up and examining shattered objects from the floor and mumbling, "Oh, no ... not grandma's favorite clown bust."

Unlike a computer programmer, engineer, or secretary, this really is a niche profession isn't it? Had I been his mother, I would probably have tried to steer him towards a different vocation. Maybe she did, and despite her best efforts, he decided to pursue balancing and spinning objects on head. I guess the heart wants what the heart wants. I shouldn't judge, though ... I've always heard that if you do something you love, you never have to work a day in your life. He might be one of the few people in this world living his dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment